Dive and Leveling Systems
This system is built into a plexiglass tube. It comes completely assembled. All you need to supply are a radio receiver (FM, NOT PCM) and three servos. The module comes with the following items:
- Two drive motors complete with motor mounts and waterproof shaft housings for the propeller shafts.
- A speed controller rated up to 30 amps.
- A BEC, which allows you to run the whole system AND the radio off a 12V battery.
- A pitch controller, which keeps your submarine straight and level underwater.
- Reversible water pump and hydraulic valve.
- Electronic pump management system that is complete with two failsafe modes.
- Three ballast tank probes.
- Three stainless steel pushrods and clevises.
- Three waterproof silicone rubber bellows for the control rods.
- Two waterproof external battery connectors, one positive and one negative.
- A set of three baffles in the ballast tank.
The electronic components are mounted on two easily removable trays. All internal connectors are of the Tamiya type. 90% of the components are produced in-house.
- Twin motor module £847.50
- Single motor Module £825.00
- Seehund Module £795.00
- Module for larger propellers uses a 720 Five pole motor Price is £865.00.
All prices are Ex works shipping and insurance is extra. We will also make Special Modules on request.
If, at a later date, you want a shorter module with a smaller ballast tank for a different submarine, we can supply additional ballast tanks of different sizes that are interchangeable, as are the drive motor bulkheads.
With this dive system, you no longer need to buy Propel gas (it doesn't use it), and you never need to count the number of times you submerge and surface. Your only limitation is the battery capacity; when the voltage drops to a specific level, the failsafe kicks in (if you are submerged) and blows the tanks - you will have enough power to bring your boat to the side of the pond.
Some large views of the dive components:
Main propulsion and guidance module. Drives propellers or propulsers, and operates dive planes to maintain sub level.
Dive system pump. Pumps water into ballast tanks to dive; pumps water out of ballast tanks to surface.
Complete propulsion and dive system assembly.